Tuesday 22 March 2011

Universal Works and YMC are Becoming Established Labels in my Wardrobe

Every year I try to introduce a few new brands into my wardrobe and I also always tend to move on from a few brands (that is another post).

Two brands that are really standing out for me this season are Universal Works and YMC.

My first introduction to Universal Works was a rather fine denim shirt last summer and since the introduction I have been keeping an eye on the collection.  The company describes itself on the website;

It's about good honest menswear, it's about quality garments with a great fit. There is no great vision or message, no target markets, just garments for everyone, clothing to look stylish in because you the wearer makes it so, clothing you want to wear, clothing you will look good in.


A great snap shot of the collection can be found at Stuarts London - Universal Works collection

For me the stand out piece is the Commis Grey Jacket


YMC is another brand I started to buy last year, it was a rather nice fair isle cardigan, the brand is not driven by seasons/trends but is based on function and quality. A good snapshot of the YMC summer 2011 collection can also be found at Stuarts London.

The stand out piece for me is the Cotton Stripe T-shirt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the T shirt is a definate stand out in the collection.